Wednesday, December 13, 2006

? -- I wish I were a seahorse

Page nos - 72 - 73
Book - "One night at the Call Center"
Author - Chetan Bhagat

Go refer them first, rather read the whole book and even the first one "Five point some one"


Perfect is the way he describes it.

Well here are the exact words in the para that I was talking about in case you don't have access to the book.

--
And anyway, its the girl who always gets to choose. Men propose and women accept the proposal or, as in many cases reject it.

It's true. Girls go around rejecting men like it is their birth right.
They have no idea how much it hurts us. I read once (or may be saw it during one of my discovery phases) that the reason for this is that the female of the species has to bear their offspring with a lot of effort. Hence they choose their mates carefully. Meanwhile, men dance around, spend cash, make them laugh, write stupid poems, anything to win them over. The only species where courting works in reverse is the sea horse. Instead of the females, the male sea horse bears the offspring: they carry baby sea horse eggs in their pockets. Guess what ? The female sea horses are always hitting on the males, while the latter pucker their noses and get to pick the cutest female. I wish I were a sea horse. How hard can it be to carry a couple of eggs in a backpack? --

Totally agree with what he had to say here.
Would like to reiterate it :
Girls go around rejecting men like it is their birth right. They have no idea how much it hurts us.
Well may be the offspring thing that he is talking about here "that the reason for this is that the female of the species has to bear their offspring with a lot of effort" is not really true, but I guess I would still agree with it and hats off to him for the sea horse fact.

Oh and wow "Guess what ? The female sea horses are always hitting on the males, while the latter pucker their noses and get to pick the cutest female" that sounds cooooooool.
Oh please, I am not a sadist here and nor am I trying to say that nature should change its nature. Its all so damn human ain't it.

Well not many females reading this blog would really enjoy reading it, and probably such were the reasons why many of my female friends who read this book dint quite like it. Well I kind of liked it as much as I liked the first one. Most of them had to say that the first one was much better then the second one.

I guess a man shud never completely agree or go by a womens opinion about some things.
No offenses intended.
Its more of a Psychological problem you see as far as these books go.
One being that both these books are from a males perspective, and the other that the second one has a lot of such ideas(like the one that I talked about above) that females wouldn't really enjoy reading.
Okay ! I guess thats enough of male-female nonsense.
But I would surely love to see some comments from females on this blog.

So getting back to the book. I liked the whole plot and the central idea about the way call centers
extract Indian youth. He definitely had a message in it.

The first book "Five point some one" was again a great one. Its secondary title reads "What not to do at IIT" , after reading the book, I would rather say one should do these things and then you know make a comeback in the final year, something like the deads rising from the ashes. In that case you would enjoy the college life and still be there, where you were supposed to be at the end of it all. What fun it would have been to sit on top of the college roof and drink vodka while listening to Pink Floyd (we don't need no education) , while the others are busy warming their chairs studying some stupid chemical reaction of a lubricant.
I liked the central idea again here. That its the friends that we make and the times we spend with them that one most remembers, and not the stupid formula. You can always access those formulas from a wikipedia page but not the time that you spent with your friend. Somebody who understood all your feelings even while you dint make any sense of it. Somebody who stood by you in all your endeavors good or bad.

Both were nice reads.
I guess this would be the point in my life when I would tend to pickup a novel by an Indian author before a one by a foreign author given a choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home